Prep. time: 15 minutes
Waiting time and cooling time: 15 minutes + 1 hour
Get inspired and add your own blend of fruits and spices to this sangria, such as grapes, a slice of jalapeño or a teaspoon of whole cloves. Watermelon provides arginine and citruline, amino acids that help maintain blood vessels and increase nitric oxide and may improve blood flow to the tissues. The bonus is that watermelon has no cholesterol, fat or sodium. .
Watermelon and pomegranate juice give a brilliant color to this sangria and the watermelon cubes absorb the brandy and wine to give you a little boost after a long week at work.
- Fill ice cube trays with watermelon juice and freeze.
- Cut off orange ends and slice thin
- Cut watermelon in cubes - approx. 2.5 cm / 1 inch or in trangles (photo).
- Place orange slices, watermelon, and brandy in medium sized bowl, toss gently, and let stand for 15 minutes to allow fruit to soak up some of the brandy flavors.
- In a large pitcher, add fruit mixture, pomegranate juice, and wine. Refrigerate for one hour or longer to allow flavors to blend. Just before serving, add the Orangina or Italian soda. Serve over watermelon ice cubes.
142 calories, 0,2 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 trans fat, 4 mg sodium, 18,4 g carbs, 0,6 g fibers, 14,6 g sugars, 0,8 g proteins, 45 mg vitamin C. 304 mg potassium, 9 mg sodium
Photo and collaboration : www.watermelon.org
Hints & Tips