Lemon curd yogurt crumble Recipe
Flavors of Canada
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
For 8 servings
- 175 ml lemon juice
- 2 lemons, zest finely grated
- 200 g sugar
- 4 big eggs
- 250 g butter cut in cubes
- 75 g flour
- 80 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 190 g almond powder
- 250 ml plain yogourt
- 30 ml / 2 Tbsp. honey
- In a saucepan, bring the lemon juice, zest and 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) of sugar to a boil. As soon as it begins to boil, lower the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and the remaining sugar together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually beat in the lemon mixture (1) without stopping, to keep the eggs from cooking.
- Return the preparation to the saucepan and, using a whisk, beat continuously over medium heat. Remove from the heat at the first sign of boiling.
- Using an electric mixer, incorporate the butter, beating constantly until smooth and homogenous.
- Cover and let cool before refrigerating.
- Using a stand mixer or by hand, mix together all ingredients and then cut into it until it takes on a grainy texture.
- Shape the pastry into small crumble balls, and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven at 180°C (350°F) for approximately 10 minutes, shaking the sheet once or twice during cooking. Remove and let cool, then keep them at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Place several spoonfuls of very chilled lemon curd into glasses. Add approximately 30 ml (2 tbsp) of crumble to cover the curd.
- Garnish with a large spoonful of the honey yogurt and sprinkle with a bit of crumble. Serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Original idea from ÏOGO yogourt. In the kitchen, there’s nothing like a wonderfully thick and smooth Greek yogurt – plus it’s 0% for those watching their figure!
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2019. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips