Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
It's essential to use really fresh squash blossoms for good results. This means this is a seasonal dish that can only be enjoyed in the summer months.
Making the batter
- In a bowl, combine the flour, milk and 2 egg yolks;
- beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them gently into the batter;
- season with salt and pepper and add some finely chopped parsley.
- Gently dip each zucchini flower into the batter;
- fry in hot oil;
- remove when the fritter is lightly golden.
Hints & Tips