Refrigeration time: As required
In contemporary times, a whole variety of ingredients has been added: fresh white grapes, small pieces of apple and even fried anchovies. These imaginative additions have produced a wide range of textures, making this nourishing white gazpacho a unique dish.
Soak the bread in some cold water.
- If you wish to use the traditional method, continue using the mortar. Otherwise, transfer the mixture to a blender at this point. Add the almonds and blend to make a paste.
- When the mixture is smooth, drizzle in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Add the vinegar and continue blending until smooth. Add the very cold water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Refrigerate until just before serving. Before serving, correct the seasoning with salt and vinegar to taste. Pour into a serving container and place the muscat grapes over top.
- Crush the peeled garlic and salt in a mortar. Add the drained bread.
Thanks to Gourmetour and Spanish Government Tourist Office for their kind assistance
Hints & Tips