Artichokes Preserved in Oil Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: Under 30 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
For a 1 liter jar
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) poivrade artichokes
- 500 ml (2 cups) extra-virgin olive oil
- 150 ml (10 Tbsp.) dry white wine
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) white vinegar
- 10 g (2 Tsp.) fine salt
- 5 g (1 tsp.) coriander
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Espelette chili
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Turn the artichokes with a paring knife (see: technique).
- In a stainless steel saucepan, bring the vinegar, salt, coriander, bay leaf, chili, crushed garlic, sugar and lemon juice to a boil.
- Immerse the artichokes in this marinade for 10 minutes.
- Drain, cool and pack them into a sterilized jar.
- Fill with olive oil and seal tightly.
- Serve as an apéritif or with a mesclun salad.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips