Banana and Chocolate Jam Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Pre. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
For 6 jars (250 g/8 oz. each)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) ripe Bananas (600 g / 1 lb. 5 oz. peeled)
- 500 g (1/2 lbs) granulated sugar
- 25 g (1 oz.) dark Chocolate, per jar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Rum (optional)
- Peel the bananas and weigh the net amount.
- Add an equal weight of sugar along with the lemon juice.
- Grate the chocolate.
- Cook the jam until the desired cooking stage is reached.
- Add the chocolate to the jam.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted. The consistency should be fairly thick.
- Pack the jam into sterilized jars.
- Add 1 tbsp. rum per jar before sealing.
- Close up and turn upside down until completely cooled.
- Label and cover with parchment paper.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips