Banana Ginger Jam Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
For 6 - 250 g (9 oz.) jars
- 2 kg (4 1/2 lb.) ripe Bananas (1.2 kg / 2 lb. 10 oz. peeled weight)
- 1.2 kg (2 lb. 10 oz.) granulated sugar
- 1 piece of fresh Ginger
- 1 lemon
- Peel the bananas and weigh the net result.
- Add an equal weight of sugar and the lemon juice.
- Finely chop the ginger. Mix it into the banana mixture.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring often, until the sugar is completely dissolved. The consistency should be fairly thick.
- Pack into sterilized jars.
- Close tightly and place upside down until completely cooled.
- Label and cover with parchment paper.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips