Banana, Pineapple and Aged Rum Jam Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
For 6 jars (250 g/8 oz. each)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) ripe bananas, for 600 g (1 lb. 5 oz.) net
- 600 g (1 lb. 5 oz.) diced pineapple
- 1.2 kg (2 lb. 10 oz.) granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp. aged dark rum
- 1 lemon
- Peel the bananas and weigh the net result.
- Dice the pineapple flesh and weigh the net result.
- Add an equal weight of sugar and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Simmer everything for 30 minutes, stirring often until the sugar is entirely dissolved. The mixture should be fairly thick.
- Pack into sterilized jars.
- Add 1 tbsp. rum to each jar before sealing.
- Close tightly and leave upside down until completely cool.
- Label and cover the jars with parchment paper.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips