California Walnut Stuffed Beef Tenderloin Filets Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
For 4 servings
California Walnut Pesto:
- 250 ml / 1 cup well-packed fresh basil leaves, patted dry
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 beef tenderloin filets (filet mignon), 5 cm / 2-inches thick
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup California walnut pesto (see recipe above)
- 4 long slices naturally smoked strip bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
California Walnut Pesto
- Combine basil, walnuts, olive oil and garlic in food processor. Pulse until well-combined, about 10 times.
- Add cheese, pepper, butter and lemon juice and pulse until mixture forms a paste, about 20 times. Set aside.
- Using a sharp paring knife, horizontally slit the side of each filet to create a pocket.
- Stuff each filet with an equal amount of pesto. Wrap one slice of bacon around each filet and secure with a toothpick.
- Rub olive oil over the filets just prior to cooking. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat on grill until meat reaches preferred doneness. Remove meat from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- In a heavy skillet, pan-sear meat over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes per side, until browned.
- Finish cooking in a 180°C / 350°F pre-heated oven until meat reaches preferred doneness.
Nutritional Values per serving
About 610 cal, 44 g pro, 47 g fat (13 g sat. fat), 3 g carb, 2 g fibre, 114 mg chol, 777 mg sodium. 10% calcium, 40% iron, 6% vit A, 6% vit C.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips