Suckling veal chops with rosemary Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Cooking time: 1 hour (20 minutes for the veal)
For 4 servings
- 2 suckling veal chops each weighing 500g (18 oz.)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 untreated lemons
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. fine granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. Le Guérandais Guérande sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Wrap each lemon in two pieces of tin foil. Place on the embers (not too hot) and cook for 1 hour. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Brush each veal chop with oil. Pierce the meat and stick the sprigs of rosemary well into the holes. Heat the barbecue grill (not too close to the embers). Place the veal chops on the grill and cook for 20 minutes, turning them halfway through the cooking and adding more oil if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper towards the end of the cooking. Let the chops rest for 5 minutes off the heat before cutting them.
- During this time, cut the lemons in two. Sprinkle the interior with a pinch of sugar and a small amount of Guérande sea salt.
- Mix the pulp with a fork. Serve the preserved lemons with the meat, eating only the pulp of the lemons.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips