Baking time: 45 minutes
In the past, Czechs who couldn't afford lamb for Easter (a large part of the population) made do with a lamb-shaped cake.
Velikonocni beranek (Paschal lamb) can be covered with a white sugar or even chocolate icing, and decorated with ribbons.
- Butter a medium-sized lamb-shaped mold and dust with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks
- Beat the yolks with the sugar.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites.
- In a third bowl, whip the cream.
- Add the flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar to the yolk mixture (4).
- Add the whipped cream and then gently fold in the beaten egg whites. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Unmold and let cool.
- Dust with icing sugar powder or glaze.
- Use 3 raisins to form the lamb's eyes and nose and tie a ribbon around the neck.
Hints & Tips