Cooking time: 20 minutes
Oven temperature: 180° C (350° F)
"I use a mixture of black tea and dried flowers called 'Whispering heaven' that I grind to a powder in a blender. I usually serve a rack and saddle of lamb in a crust accompanied by sautéed potatoes and onions with lemon balm oil. "
- Sear the lamb quickly on all sides in an ungreased skillet;
- Roll in the tea powder;
- Cover with shiitake mushrooms sautéed with a few tea leaves;
- Roll the saddle of lamb in puff pastry that has been rolled out and "aerated" by having diamonds cut out to form a trellis pattern;
- Cook in a preheated 180°C. (350° F.) for 15 minutes for rare;
- Serve with a sauce made from 1 part grapeseed oil to 3 parts cooking juices.
Preparing the lemon balm oil
- soak 4 branches of lemon balm in 250 ml (1 cup) olive or grapeseed oil;
- macerate overnight; keeps well in the refrigerator for several days;
- use this oil to sauté potatoes and sliced onions, as for Lyonnais potatoes.
Hints & Tips