Blackberry Tart with St. Agur Cheese Recipe
Flavors of France
Total time: more than 2 hours
Resting time for the pastry: 2 hours
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
- 250 g flour
- 125 g butter
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g water
- 60 g Saint Agur cheese
- 1 kg blackberries
- 500 g sugar
- 100 g egg white
- 30 g honey
- 30 ml / 2 Tbsp. blackberry liqueur
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, butter and sugar until crumbly.
- Combine the water and egg yolk and add to the flour mixutre; mix just until combined.
- Remove from the bowl, wrap in plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Roll the pastry out to a 2 mm thickness and fit into a tart pan, trimming the edges.
- Top the pastry with pie weights and bake in a 150° C/300° F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pie weights and let the shell cool on a rack.
- Cook 700 g of blackberries with 250 g sugar to make a slightly thick coulis that will not run once chilled.
- Strain the coulis, pressing to extract as much of the fruit as possible. Chill.
- Whisk the egg whites to liquefy them.
- Roll the remaining blackberries in the egg white, drain, and roll in fine crystallized sugar.
- Dry at room temperature on parchment paper.
- Combine the honey and St. Agur cheese; add the blackberry liqueur.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a small plain tip.
Assembly (just before serving)
- Cover the tart shell with a thick layer of chilled blackberry coulis.
- Arrange the crystallized blackberries on top.
- Finish by piping dots of the St. Agur mixture among the crystallized blackberries.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips