Sunday Burger with Bresse Bleu Cheese Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Friends and family, young and old, love a barbecue: delight their eyes and taste buds with this delicious blue cheese burger!
For 4 servings
- 1 Bresse Bleu cheese (250 g / 9 oz.), or other soft blue cheese
- 500 g (18 oz.) ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomato
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) rocket (arugula)
- 1 small red onion
- a little sunflower oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel and slice the red onion; separate the rings. Cut 4 slices of tomato. Slice the Bresse Bleu into 8 nice slices.
- Lightly oil the grill and heat it on high. Meanwhile, divide the ground beef into 4 equal parts and form into 4 patties between the palms of your hands. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place on the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on the desired degree of doneness, pressing lightly with a spatula to grill them well.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the hamburger buns. Top each one with some rocket, a tomato slice and some onion rings; add a burger and two slices of Bresse Bleu cheese. Serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips