Blue Cheese and Cumin Crisps Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
This recipe can be prepared with or without vegetables.
Replace the carrots with julienned zucchini or celery.
For a lighter version, substitute brick pastry for the puff pastry.
For 4 servings
- 1 package of puff pastry, about 230 g / 8 oz.
- 250 g (9 oz.) blue cheese (suggestion: Bresse Bleu)
- 120 g (4 oz.) grated carrots
- 50 g ( 2 oz.) chopped onion
- 20 g (4 tsp.) butter
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 210° C (425° F)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the carrots and onions. Cover and let cook slowly.
- Meanwhile, unroll the puff pastry and cut into quarters.
- Cut the blue cheese into quarters, leaving the rind on.
- Place a spoonful of the cooked vegetables on each pastry rectangle, along with a piece of blue cheese. Sprinkle with cumin.
- Close up the pastry to seal in the ingredients well.
- Combine the egg yolk with a spoonful of water; brush each pastry. Sprinkle with cumin. Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips