Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
There's always a strong possibility that you'll find yourself with a large quantity of pumpkin at the beginning of November. This lovely combination of pumpkin and wild blueberries is sure to delight your tastebuds!
- Preheat the oven to 200° C/400° F.
- Brush four of the cups in a muffin tin with melted butter. Brush the remaining butter on the phyllo dough. Place the phyllo sheets in each of the four buttered cups and bake for 4-5 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat. Sauté the cubed pumpkin for 10 minutes, stirring often so that it browns on all sides, and gradually add the apple juice. Bring the juice to a boil and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the flat of a knife. Add the vanilla seeds, cardamom and pepper to the pumpkin cubes and combine well.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the wild blueberries and salt to taste. Combine the mixture and let rest a few minutes until the blueberries are thawed.
- Place the phyllo baskets on plates and divide the mixture among them. Garnish with thyme.
Photo and collaboration: SPBQ - Quebec Blueberry Producers Association
Hints & Tips