Blue cheese sauce Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: None
Serve with cold meats, raw vegetables or greens.
You can use it as a dip - just don't thin it too much with orange juice.
You can substitute:
- yogurt for the sour cream
- pear juice for the orange juice
- 50 g (2 oz.) blue cheese - Stilton, Roquefort, Danish, etc.
- 1 shallot
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 orange
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, crumble the cheese; with a fork, mash it into the vinegar.
- Add the chopped shallot, sour cream and pepper; purée in a blender.
- Thin with orange juice.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips