Crispy Blue Cheese and Spinach Tartlets, a recipe from Gourmetpedia Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
Add a few walnut pieces to your endive and tomato salad. To save time, use frozen spinach.
For 4 servings
- 250 g (8 oz.) Bresse blue cheese
- 6 sheets of brick or phyllo pastry
- 200 g (7 oz.) chopped fresh or frozen spinach
- 4 Belgian endives
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. 0% yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 150° C (300° F). Cut 4 nice slices of blue cheese and dice the rest.
- Cut the brick sheets in half with scissors. Beat the egg yolk in a bowl with a little water and layer the half-sheets of brick together in stacks of three, brushing each surface with the egg yolk mixture.
- Line tartlets tins with the triple-layers of brick and fill with pie weights (or use dry beans) to prevent them from puffing up.
- Fold the edges of the pastry outward, but do not trim. Bake for 3-4 minutes. They should firm up but not brown.
- Remove the tartlet shells from the oven, leaving the oven on. Fill with spinach and top with a slice of blue cheese.
- Return to the oven for 3 minutes.
- Trim the bottoms of the endives, slice thinly and place in a bowl. Add the sliced tomatoes and diced blue cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, yogurt and pepper. Spoon the dressing over the salad. Serve the tartlets with the salad.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips