Brownies with peanut butter Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreheat oven at 180°C. (350°F.)
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
For snack, consider whipping up a batch of brownies. They're easy to make, kids love them and they freeze very well.
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) Peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 egg
- Melt the butter and cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar and brown sugar. Stir in the melted butter until well combined.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Blend into the first mixture without overmixing.
- Pour into a buttered 8 x 8” (20 cm) square cake pan.
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, flour and egg. Before baking, pour the mixture over the brownie batter in parallel lines. Run a skewer or the tip of a knife through the topping to create a pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 180° C (350° F) oven for about 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares. The brownies freeze well.
Photo: The Brownie Express, NJ if you prefer to order some
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips