Caramel Sauce Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Prep. time: a few minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
For 6 servings
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) caster sugar
- 75 g (5 Tbsp.) softened butter
- 400 ml (1 cup + 10 Tbsp.) crème fraîche
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 Tbsp. aged rum
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the sugar, butter and the seeds scraped from the vanilla bean over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar has turned a nice caramel color, remove the pan from the heat and incorporate the cream.
- Return the pan to medium heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the caramel is shiny and smooth.
- Strain if desired.
If you wish to flavor the sauce with rum, add it last so that the flavor doesn't dissipate.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips