Summer Vegetables in Tomato Water Aspic with Carré Frais Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Prep.time: 30 minutes
Cooling time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 15 minutes
You can substitute tomato juice for the tomato water aspic. Vary the vegetables as you prefer.
For 4 servings
- 6 portions of 25 g Carré Frais 0%
- 50 g fresh green peas
- 50 g beans in the shell
- 2 radishes
- 1 Green Zebra tomato
- 1 yellow tomato
- 2.5 kg beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 gelatin leaves
- salt & pepper
Finishing & serving
- basil leaves
- 8 bread sticks
- Shell the beans and peas and cook them separately in boiling salted water. Refresh in ice water and set aside on a towel.
- Clean the radishes and slice thinly.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut a few thin slices.
- Cut the Carré Frais into cubes.
- Arrange the vegetables and diced cheese in 4 soup plates.
Tomato water aspic
- With a knife, make a cross cut in the bottom of the tomatoes and remove the stem ends. Immerse in boiling water for 20 seconds and immediately refresh in ice water.
- Peel and chop the tomatoes and squeeze out the juice, straining it. Heat the tomato water quickly and strain through cloth.
- Measure out 350 ml tomato water, mix in the soaked gelatin and heat the mixture.
- Season and chill until completely cooled.
- Pour the aspic over the vegetables and refrigerate for at least an hour until the jelly sets.
- Add a few basil leaves, salt and pepper.
More recipe ideas
Photos : Elle & vire
Hints & Tips