Chicken Curry with Yogurt Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Preparation time: a few minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Serve with white rice cooked in light chicken broth, or a pilaf.
For 2-4 servings
- 4 chicken legs
- 3 small containers of plain yogurt
- 20 g (4 tsp.) butter
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 10 cardamom pods
- a pinch of cayenne
- 1 pinch of powdered quartre-épices
- 1 g saffron
- Heat the butter in a Dutch oven or cocotte. Add the finely chopped onions and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the skinless chicken legs. Whisk together the yogurt with the cloves, quatre-épices, curry and salt and add to the chicken. Cook, covered, for one hour over low heat. Add the cinnamon, coriander, cumin, cardamom, saffron and cayenne. Cook 20 minutes longer.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Strain the sauce to remove the spices and blend, if desired. You can also use a splash of yogurt to thicken the sauce. Pour over the chicken and serve.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips