Prep. time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 1 hour
If the sauce reduces too quickly, add some water, correct the seasining and return to the simmer.
You can serve the dish with white rice and red beans, pigeon peas, vegetables or a gratin.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Wash it with water and vinegar.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the lime juice, crushed garlic, salt and pepper for an hour.
- Pour the oil into a large pot or Dutch oven; sauté the chicken until nicely browned.
- Add the chopped scallions, parsley and onion and the sprig of thyme.
- Add the marinade and enough water to reach almost to the top of the chicken; simmer 40-50 minutes.
Photo: Luce'ïles - Caribbean Caterer in Compiègne
Hints & Tips