Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes - 12 minutes (chicken) / 30 minutes (chutney)
Enjoy the chutney on toasted bread as an accompaniment to the pan-roasted chicken.
- Wash and dry the peaches; cut into small pieces.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Finely dice the cornichons.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan; lightly brown the garlic and onion; add the peaches and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the water (or cider).
- Add the ginger, mustard seed, lemon juice, honey, cornichons, salt and pepper.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Chicken and finishing
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into equal-sized pieces.
- Slice the onion and chop the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the onion, ginger and garlic lightly; add the chicken and rosemary and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the honey; stir and let the chicken brown on all sides.
- Serve the chicken in deep plates accompanied by a good spoonful of the warm chutney and some white basmati rice.
Collaboration: VFC / © Pêche d’ici / Patricia Kettenhofen
Hints & Tips