Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 h 15 minutes
The roast chicken with potatoes and lemon is delicious, simply accompanied by a salad. To vary the pleasure, serve with some capers, or season the chicken with a little thyme or rosemary during cooking.
An hour before cooking the chicken, take it out of the refrigerator. Its flesh will be less cold and will better accept the heat source.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C / 425°F.
- Pour the lemon juice over the chicken and rub it into its skin.
- Place the lemon halves inside the carcass with the peeled and quartered onion.
- Brush the soft butter over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and place in a large roasting pan.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Brown them in a little oil in a frying pan.
- Arrange the potatoes around the chicken with the other sliced lemon.
- Add 150 ml hot water.
- Place in the oven, uncovered, and roast for 30 minutes.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 190°C / 375°F, turn the chicken over and baste with the juices. Turn the potatoes and continue cooking for 45 minutes, basting regularly - about every 15 minutes.
- Five minutes before serving, place the chicken on a cutting board and cover with a sheet of aluminum foil. Leave the potatoes in the oven.
- Cut up the chicken, place the pieces on a serving dish, arrange the potatoes around them and serve immediately, serving the juices separately in a sauceboat.
Costières de Nîmes
Puisseguin - Saint-Emilion
Prosecco di Conegliano - Valdobbiadene
Synalaf / Volailles Fermières Label Rouge
Photo : MSCOMM
Hints & Tips