Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 16 minutes
No one can resist a little homemade brownie! With their delicious chocolate flavor and light chicory taste, these brownies are perfect for an original and tasty Halloween buffet.
You can substitute almonds, walnuts, pecans or pistachios for the chopped hazelnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C/350° F.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until light and pale. Add the chocolate mixture, chicory, flour and salt.
- Add the dark chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a non-stick or lightly buttered square cake pan.
- Bake the brownies for 15 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares.
- Create stencils of Halloween shapes of your choice (spiders, bats, witches, etc).
- Place the stencil on one of the squares, dust with icing sugar and carefully remove the tissue.
- Repeat for each brownie.
Original recipe by Chicory Leroux
Hints & Tips