Preparation and cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Soaking tme: 1 hour
It is always better to prepare a chutney about two weeks before serving it to allow the spices and flavors to develop.
Try this chutney with my Sea bream tartare and cocoa bean mousseline.
- Cut the fresh figs into 8 sections and the dried figs into large pieces.
- Combine the fresh figs, sugar and lemon juice, then let macerate one hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dried figs and wine.
- Bring the vinegar and honey to a simmer in a pan and reduce by half.
- Add the spices, wine, orange zest, dried figs and macerated fresh figs.
- Bring to a boil, cook for 5 minutes and let cool.
Recipe: Yves Bagros
Textures: Fabrice Bouquet
Hints & Tips