Club Sandwich with March Beer-Steamed Chicken Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lettuce heart
- 12 thin slices of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 tomatoes
- 330 ml (1 1/3 cup) amber March Beer or other pale beer (lager)
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 12 slices of whole-grain sandwich bread
- Steam the chicken breasts for 15 minutes, using March beer or another amber beer instead of water.
- Once cooked, cool the chicken breasts and then cut each one into thirds lengthwise.
- Hardboil the eggs by cooking them in boiling water for 10 minutes; cool and peel; slice into rounds.
- Clean the lettuce heart and slice into thin strips.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes; halve and seed them before slicing into rounds.
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl.
- In an ungreased skillet, grill the bacon slices.
- Toast the slices of sandwich bread.
- Generously spread 1 slice of toast with the mayonnaise-mustard mixture.
- Top with successive layers of lettuce, tomato, chicken, eggs and bacon.
- Cover with the second slice of toast, spread on both sides with the mayonnaise-mustard mixture.
- Add a second layering of ingredients, following the same order.
- Spread the final slice of toast with the mayonnaise-mustard mixture on one side only and place on the sandwich.
- Press down gently and cut the club sandwich on the diagonal into two triangles. Fasten with toothpicks and serve with shoestring potatoes or a salad of mixed greens, as desired.
- Serve with chilled March beer.
Collaboration: VFC and Maîtres Brasseurs de France
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips