Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
For extra creaminess, replace some of the coconut milk with coconut cream.
As a garnish, you can decorate the drinks with grated coconut before serving.
Substitute Earl Grey tea for the black tea, if you prefer.
Vary the color of the food coloring according to your whim.
- Cook the tapioca in 750 ml (3 cups) boiling water with a few drops of yellow food coloring and the sugar for 30-35 minutes, stirring often. Drain.
- Prepare 200 ml (3/4 cup) black tea and let cool.
- Peel and pit the lychees.
- In a blender, combine the cooled tea, coconut milk, lychees and pineapple with a few ice cubes.
- Add the honey and ginger and blend again until foamy.
- Pour the tapioca into tall glasses and pour in the tea mixture.
Hints & Tips