Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1H10
Cooling time: 2 hours
Michael Fell suggests you serve accompanied by pommes Parisienne stuffed with creamed spinach and a champagne mousse. For the champagne mousse, reduce the fish stock, cream and champagne. Beat – adding butter.
This recipe was created for the well knowned Caviar House & Prunier in Belgium
- Mix the spices and oil. Brush the beetroot and celeriac with mixture, wrap separately in alu paper and cook for approx 60 min in a preheated oven at 150°C / 300 °F. Test their readiness with the point of a knife.
- Cut the celeriac and truffles into cubes 15mm in length by 5mm thick. Shape 8 towers.
- Cut a few thin slices from the remaining beetroot. Mix the rest, then pass through a sieve. The puree will be used to mould the quark quenelles.
- Finely chop the remaining truffles, form 3 equal portions and reserve.
Perigord truffles sauce
- Briefly sweat 2/3 of the chopped truffles in butter.
- Deglaze with both the chicken and Madeira wine stock and the veal stock. Bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- Fry the cod filets in a mix of sunflower oil and butter. Season whilst cooking.
- Place the fine slices of beetroot on the plates and cover with the cod filets. Top with two quenelles.
- Roast the toast bread in butter then mix with the remaining chopped truffles. Set the towers and top with sauce. Spread over the quenelles.
Hints & Tips