Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
The Food Guide encourages us to eat more fruits and vegetables and to consume less fat. Here's a recipe for a delicious and healthy dip to enjoy as an afternoon snack or to serve with drinks.
This new whipped cottage cheese from Natrel has all the nutritional value of cottage cheese, without the lumpy texture that some consumers dislike. Available from coast to coast in three delicious flavours – Chive & Garlic, Roasted Red Peppers and Plain – this new innovation from Natrel is a healthy choice. Low in fat (2%), source of protein (3 g) and at only 25 calories per 30 g serving, it is a lighter, nutritious alternative to dips and spreads.
(1) If you live outside Canada, you can replace this ingredient with a low-fat cottage cheese or white cheese, puréed in the blender with a roasted pepper. Not quite as good, but delicious all the same.
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, mango and avocado with the coriander and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of Natrel Roasted Red Peppers Whipped Dip and Spread on the bottom of each Mason jar.
- Add a layer of salsa, and then a layer of the vegetable and fruit mixture. Refrigerate the jars.
Meanwhile, prepare the pita chips
- Slice the pitas into 8 wedges. Place them in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and add salt to taste.
- Arrange the pita wedges on a baking sheet and bake at 180°C / 350°F for about 7 minutes, until they are golden brown and crispy.
Hints & Tips