Couscous with Middle Eastern Flavors, Lentils and Chick Peas Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
For 4 servings
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 stalks or 400 g (14 oz.) cardoons, cut into large pieces
- 500 g (18 oz.) lamb
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) canned chickpeas
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) green lentils, soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 package (250 g / 9 oz.) spiced or plain couscous
- Wash and thinly slice the onion and zucchini.
- Wash and cut up the tomatoes and cardoons.
- Cut the meat into large pieces.
- In a large pot, sauté the onion in the oil, then add the meat, chickpeas, cardoons, lentils, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cover with hot water, bring to a boil and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Ten minutes before the end of the cooking time, prepare the spiced couscous according to the package directions.
- Serve the couscous with the meat and vegetables.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips