Tropical Couscous with Dried Fruits and Duck Breast Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Soaking time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Substitute lamb for the duck.
Spiced couscous : add cumin, turmeric, paprika, garlic, chili, oil and butter
For 6 servings
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp. liquid honey
- 12 prunes
- 6 dried apricots
- 1 red chili pepper (canned)
- 1 package (125 g / 4 1/2 oz.) spiced or regular couscous Tipiak
- 200 g (7 oz.) dried aged duck breasts
- 3 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small can of chickpeas
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken broth
- 1 small knob of butter
- Thinly slice the onions and cook them in a sauté pan in olive oil until golden. Add the honey and stir until caramelized, then add the broth and peeled garlic. Cover and simmer over low heat.
- Plump the prunes and apricots in warm water for 1 hour. Slice the chili.
- Prepare the couscous according to the package directions.
- Once the couscous is ready, place it in a skillet with the butter. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat, fluffing it with a fork, then add the chili and drained chickpeas and fruits. Heat through.
- Sauté the duck breasts in a skillet for a few moments.
- Place the couscous on a hot platter. Place the duck breast on top and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips