Exotic Crispy Shrimp Skewers Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
Serve these skewers with basmati rice with raisins and pine nuts.
Accompany the shrimp with a mango sauce.
Vary the pleasure by substituting cubes of monkfish or scallops rolled in honey and bread crumbs and browned in butter.
For 4 servings
- 150 g (5 oz.) bread crumbs (Tipiak or other)
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 500 g (18 oz.) cooked peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1 pineapple, cut into fairly large cubes
- 20 g (4 tsp.) butter
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Combine the bread crumbs and curry powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with some salt and pepper.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg, then into the bread crumb-curry mixture.
- Roll the pineapple cubes in the sugar.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating shrimp and pineapple cubes.
- In a skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil and brown the skewers for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot, accompanied by a green salad dressed with balsamic vinegar.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips