Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
Serve these skewers with basmati rice with raisins and pine nuts.
Accompany the shrimp with a mango sauce.
Vary the pleasure by substituting cubes of monkfish or scallops rolled in honey and bread crumbs and browned in butter.
- Combine the bread crumbs and curry powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with some salt and pepper.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg, then into the bread crumb-curry mixture.
- Roll the pineapple cubes in the sugar.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating shrimp and pineapple cubes.
- In a skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil and brown the skewers for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot, accompanied by a green salad dressed with balsamic vinegar.
Hints & Tips