Prep. time: 15 minutes
Waiting time: 4 heures +
Cooking time: 0
In the market you can sometimes buy pickling cucumbers in brine. In this case, simply begin with step 3.
It’s important to always take pickles out of the jar with clean tongs so as not to contaminate the brine and spoil the other pickles; for the same reason, never use your fingers.
- Wash and brush the little cucumbers with a cloth to remove the surface bristles.
- Place the coarse salt on the cucumbers and leave them to exude their liquid for 4 to 24 hours, depending on the size.
- Rinse and drain. Dry well.
- Pack a row of cucumbers into a glass jar.
- Repeat until the jar is filled.
- Cover with vinegar and season to taste. Close the jar tightly. Sterilize (process in boiling water) if you wish to keep them for a longer time.
- Let age for about 3 weeks before eating.
Hints & Tips