Cwikla, beet and horseradish condiment Recipe
Flavours of Poland
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Similar to jewish chrein.
- 4 big beets
- half the weight of beets in horseradish
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tsp. cumin seeds
- In a small pot cover the beets with the water, bring to boil over high heat, lower the heat, cover and cook for about 45 minutes, or until the beets are soft. Drain and peel.
- Peel horseradish root and shred.
- Measure the cooked beets and the horseradish.
- With a meat grinder grind the beets and the horseradish (1/2 the weight of the beets). If you don't have a meat grinder, grate the beets and the horseradish on a grater with small holes.
- Mix in the vinegar, sugar, cumin seeds, salt and pepper. Put in a container and seal well.
More recipe ideas
Photo : http://dompelenpomyslow.pl/
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips