Yorkshire Fat Rascals - Currant cookies Recipe
Flavors of Yorkshire
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz (about 2 cups) plain flour
- 1 oz (2 tbsp.) light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) butter
- caster (fine granulated) sugar
- 2 oz (1/3 cup) currants
- Sift the flour and salt; rub in the butter.
- Add the currants and sugar.
- Stir in the milk and about 1 tablespoon of water. Mix to a firm dough.
- Knead lightly and roll to half an inch thickness. Cut into 2 inch rounds.
- Place on a greased baking tray, then dredge tops with caster sugar.
- Bake in a fairly hot oven for about 20 minutes.
More recipe ideas
Photo: Bettys - an institution since 1919 where you can order your fat rascals online
Hints & Tips