Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes per crêpe
In the Netherlands, this crêpe cake is usually made with apples, but the quantity of apples is sometimes reduced by half, and layers of apples alternated with layers of rhubarb when seasonal.
Hint: place the crêpes on an inverted plate so that they don't sink down in the center.
Cut the cake into wedges, like a pie.
Quick food processor method
- Place the flour, salt and eggs in the food processor; turn the machine on to its lowest speed and slowly pour in the milk to obtain a smooth batter;
- heat a crêpe pan or non-stick skillet;
- melt 2 tbsp. of butter in the pan;
- pour in a ladleful of batter (approximately 2 tbsp.), spreading it evenly by rotating the pan;
- cook for 1 minute or until the crêpe begins to brown around the edges;
- turn over and cook 1 minute longer; remove with a spatula; place on an inverted plate; brush the surface with 3 tbsp. of the compote and set aside;
- repeat the procedure with the remaining (8-9) crêpes;
- serve immediately.
Hints & Tips