Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F
Prep. time: 1 hour
Resting time: 1 hour
Marinating time: 24 hours
Cooking time: 1 hour
Chilling time: 8 hours + setting time for the aspic
Save time by buying prepared dough from a bakery.
Preparing the dough
- By hand, mix the flour and softened butter (about 5 minutes.) Add the salt, egg whites and water and mix again until the dough is smooth and elastic. Let rest 1 hour.
- For the "turns": roll out the dough, cover with half the butter, fold up like a letter and roll out again. Cover with the remaining butter and repeat.
- Roll the pastry out to a thickness of 4 mm and line a pâté mold.
For the forcemeat
- Cut the meat into cubes and marinate for 24 hours with the beer and chopped shallots.
- Drain and put everything through a grinder. Correct the seasoning and add the cream.
Layers of meat
- Cut the pork into 7 mm slices.
- Marinate the foie gras (in 1 cm slices) for 24 hours with the chopped shallots and spiced salt.
- Remove the fat from the duck breast and halve it. Leave the chicken breast whole.
Assembly and finishing
- Alternate layers of meat and forcemeat.
- Bake in a 180° C (350 ° F) oven for 1 hour; cover with foil for the last half hour.
- Refrigerate the pâté for 8 hours then pour in the aspic. Refrigerate, then pour in more aspic.
Photo and collaboration: VFC and Brasseurs de France.
Serve with a glass of Christmas beer
Hints & Tips