Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Thinly slice the pink garlic and cook the "petals" in oil in a skillet until very soft. They should be lightly golden but not dark, otherwise the flavor will be bitter and unpleasant.
- Place the flour in a flat plate and dip the foie gras slices in the flour so that they are thinly coated on all surfaces.
- Heat a clean skillet and cook the foie gras slices for 2 minutes on each side.
- At the end of the cooking time, deglaze the pan with the vinegar.
- Place the foie gras on 4 plates and arrange the pink garlic petals on top like fish scales; garnish and serve hot.
A sweet white Gaillac
The Syndicat de Défense du Label Ail Rose de Lautrec has published, in the 40 years since Lautrec pink garlic has enjoyed a protected designation of origin, a booklet of 40 recipes, developed by chefs of the Midi-Pyrénées region who belong to a voluntary association known as the "Cuisineries Gourmandes," responsible for supplying the products that go into their dishes.
Photo Jean-Jacques Ader
Hints & Tips