Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Two-step rising time: About 1 hour
This sweet galette is a recipe found throughout the northeastern regions of France, particularly in the Ardennes. It's served hot or warm, with coffee. There are a number of versions - this is a very simple one.
- In a bowl, form the flour into a well; in the centre, place the salt, eggs, butter and milk.
- Mix with a fork, gradually incorporating the flour and lifting the dough to incorporate air.
- Add the proofed yeast and continue to knead.
- Leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in volume.
- Place the dough into a buttered pie plate; let rest until risen a second time.
- Sprinkle with sugar; dot generously with butter.
- Bake in a 210° C (425° F) oven for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
Hints & Tips