Gazpacho Bubble Tea-Style Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
For a more liquid gazpacho, strain it.
To accentuate the red color, add a little tomato concentrate.
Vary the color of the food coloring for cooking the tapioca according to your whim.
For 4 servings
- 6 tsp. large tapioca
- green food coloring (blue + yellow)
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) green tea
- 9 tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ice cubes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- a pinch of celery salt and pepper
- Cook the tapioca in 750 ml (3 cups) boiling water with a few drops of green food coloring and 1/2 tsp. Tabasco for 30-35 minutes, stirring often. Drain.
- Prepare the green tea and let cool.
- Core and peel the tomatoes.
- Seed the pepper and cut into strips.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- In a blender, combine the cooled tea, tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, garlic and a few ice cubes.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper and a few drops of Tabasco and blend again.
- Pour the tapioca into tall glasses and pour in the gazpacho.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips