Ginger Peach Sorbet Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 0
Freezing time: 3-4 hours
For 4 servings
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white
- 4 pieces crystallized ginger, chopped
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the peaches, lime juice and sugar. Process to a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree into a shallow metal pan. Place the pan in the freezer and freeze until the edges are firm and the center is soft - about 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white until almost stiff; set aside.
- Return the semifrozen peach purée to the food processor and process until it becomes frothy - about 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger and egg white to the processor and, using on-off pulses, process just long enough to blend in the white, 3-5 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer container, cover tightly and place in the freezer until firm but not frozen solid, 1-2 hours. If it freezes solid, allow it to soften in the refrigerator before serving, about 30 minutes.
More recipe ideas
Photo and assistance: Courtesy of ©California Tree Fruit Agreement.
Hints & Tips