Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serve this dish with some slices of raw Italian ham (Parma or Aosta).
You can make the tuiles in a "cigarette" shape by wrapping them around a wooden spoon handle and letting them harden.
Our intake of carbohydrates should represent at least 50% of our daily diet. Eating a variety of grains, a source of carbohydrates, contributes to the balance of each meal.
- Prepare the Parmesan tuiles: in a preheated skillet, melt a spoonful of Parmesan. Brown on both sides, then remove from the pan until cooled and hardened.
- Melt a little butter in a sauté pan then add the grains. Mix to coat, then add the boiling water and white wine. Cook at a gentle simmer until the liquid has been completely absorbed.
- Once the grains are ready, add a few spoonfuls of grated Parmesan and mix well.
- Place the asparagus on top to cook for a few moments.
- Serve with the Parmesan tuiles as garnish.
Tocai Friulano (white) or white Chianti
Hints & Tips