Grilled Havarti Sandwich With Spiced Apples Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time : few minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
For 4 servings
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 tablespoons sugar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 8 thick slices rustic round loaf bread (French or Italian)
- 8 thin slices Havarti Cheese
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples, sugar, cinnamon and cardamom; cook about 7 minutes, stirring frequently until most of the apple juices are reduced and the fruit is coated with a syrup. Remove pan from heat. Set aside.
- Place four slices of the bread on a griddle. Top each with one slice of Wisconsin Havarti, 1/4 of the spiced apples, another slice of Havarti and top with remaining slices of bread. Butter sandwich tops. Turn over and butter again.
- Place griddle over medium heat. Brown on each side 3 to 5 minutes, until golden and Havarti begins to melt. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips