Ham and Cheese Muffins Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F)
Prep. time: 5-10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
For 12 muffins
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk or milk
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 225 g (8 oz.) diced ham
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) grated cheddar
- Butter or grease the muffin tins.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with the buttermilk and oil; add the diced ham and cheese.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures without overmixing.
- Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool before unmolding.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips