Japanese Grilling Sauce Recipe
Flavors of Japan
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: A few minutes
The Japanese traditionally do not use pepper as a seasoning and soya sauce is used instead of salt. We tracked down this Japanese grilling sauce recipe from the Beni Hana restaurant. You can brush it onto food before grilling, and you can also serve it as a side sauce. You can adapt the quantities of each ingredient to suit your taste, but keep in mind that since sesame oil is very fragrant and strongly-flavored it should always be diluted with a neutral oil when the recipe calls for a fairly large amount.
- 250 ml (1 cup) vegetable oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) rice vinegar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 8 tbsp. Soy Sauce or Soya Sauce
- 4 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 green onion (white and part of the green)
- 1/2 to 1 clove garlic, to taste
- 1/4 Spanish onion (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender to make a smoothly blended sauce.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips