Prep. time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
(1) If you use plain couscous, you can flavour it with your choice of:
- Mild paprika
- FourSpices or powdered cinnamon
- Ras el hanout
- Salt and pepper
If you’re able to cook the kebabs on the barbecue or on an open fire, they’ll be even better!
- Squeeze the preserved lemon, then cut it into duxelles (tiny dice).
- Place the meat into a blender bowl. Add the olive oil, peeled and chopped garlic cloves, egg, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Blend the mixture on high speed for 2 or 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and continue mixing by hand until smooth.
- Prepare the couscous as usual, fluffing the grains with a fork and adding a knob of butter. Keep hot.
- By hand, form the meat mixture into quenelles and place them onto wooden skewers.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes in a skillet, turning regularly.
Serve hot, accompanied by the couscous.
Hints & Tips