As autumn settles in, the days are getting cooler and rainier. To help make a smooth transition from summer to fall, we suggest this cocktail created by mixologist Étienne Bay.
- Bring one cup water to a boil.
- Crush the cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and cloves in the boiling water and let infuse for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and simmer until it reaches a syrupy consistency.
- Let cool. Strain and refrigerate.
- Combine the grapefruit juice, wine, spice syrup and lemon juice directly in a 12
oz glass filled with ice.
- Add the sparkling water and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
Kim Crawford is one of New Zealand’s most exciting and innovative wine producers. Kim Crawford Wines started out in a small Auckland cottage in New Zealand. Since its launch in 1996, the label has gained critical acclaim around the globe. We do things unconventionally, take risks, start things, and welcome different.
Chardonnay was the first ever Kim Crawford wine, first made in 1996. The original vision was to harness all of the citrus, stonefruit, buttery flavour, and creaminess of Chardonnay, but without oak flavour, in a fresh, drinkable style. And that philosophy holds true today. It was one of the first, and remains one of the most enjoyable, Chardonnays of the New World.
Sourced from select vineyards in New Zealand, this wine is the perfect balance of the fresh citrus flavours of Marlborough and the richer stonefruit flavours of Hawke’s Bay.
Hints & Tips