Leek Quiche Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Oven temperature: 180°C / 350°F
Cooking time: Under an hour
You can make a vegetarian quiche by adding peeled zucchini that you sauté like the leek. Once the filling is set in the center of the quiche, remove it from the oven. Overcooking will make it dry.
For 4 servings
- 1 large Leek, or 2 small
- 8 small slices of Brie de Meaux
- 350 ml / 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (35%)
- 5 Eggs
- Pastry for a single-crust pie
- 2 rounded tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
Preparing the crust
- Roll the pastry out with a rolling pin and line a quiche plate or large pie plate; prick all over with a fork.
- Place a sheet of buttered aluminum foil or parchment paper on the pastry and cover with a cup of dry beans; place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 200ºC / 400ºF; remove the beans and foil; continue baking the unfilled shell for 5 minutes longer; remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 180ºC / 350ºF.
Preparing and baking the quiche
- Beat the eggs and flour with the cream in a bowl;
- slice the white and tender green parts of the leek; melt the butter in a skillet; once it begins to foam, add the leeks and cook slowly over low heat until soft but not browned; blend in the egg-cream mixture;
- pour into the crust; top with slices of brie; bake in a 180ºC / 350ºF oven for 20 minutes or until cooked; serve hot.
A young white Côte de Beaune, premier cru
More recipe ideas
***** CODE PUB = PUB_G *****
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips